Things To Do In Nashville
Curated by the Staff at Hatch Show Print
A thorough-but-evolving list of our favorite things to do around town.
- Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum
- Ryman Auditorium – 🎵 check the calendar, see a show
- Frist Center for the Visual Arts
- Third Man Records – Jack White’s record label, record live to vinyl in the Record Booth!
- Isle of Printing – Incredible letterpress print shop
- Flea Market – 3rd Saturday, hot deals!!! @ the Fairgrounds
- Nashville Farmers Market
- Crema – ☕ best coffee in town
- Robert’s Western World – 🎵 🍺
- Hatch staff honky tonk of choice, get a Recession Special
- Broadway Brewhouse – 🍺 2 for 1 on Sundays
- Tennessee Brew Works – 🎵 🍺 my favorite brewery, I think
- Yazoo – 🍺 also, great brewery
- Flying Saucer – 🍺 many beers on tap, dill pickle popcorn, close to Frist
- 3rd & Lindsley – 🍺🎵 venue, stay til Monday and watch The Time Jumpers
- Bastion – 🍽 fancy dinner, or eat at the bar, fancy. $$$
- Dozen Bakery – great baked goods, casual breakfast & lunch
- Gabby’s – 🍽 for a burger and sweet potato fries and a milkshake
- Fort Negley – largest inland fort built in the US during the Civil War
- Goodwill Outlet Store (Pay by the Pound) – Berry Rd/8th Ave
- Pinewood Social – 🍺 cocktails (and food) $$, indoor pool, bowling alley (that you have to rent out)
- Patterson House – 🍺 fancier cocktails, tasty appetizers, $$$
- The Station Inn – 🎵 historic bluegrass venue, real country music found here
- Otaku Ramen – 🍽 good ramen
- Nashville Sounds – baseball game, when in season
- Schermerhorn Symphony Center – ? home of the Nashville Symphony
- The Basement –🎵 longstanding Nashville venue (with a larger East Nashville counterpart)
- Plaza Arts – for your last-minute brayer needs, by Third Man and TN Brew Works
- The Rymer
- Tinney Contemporary
- Wedgewood Houston galleries (some below)/Fort Houston
- David Lusk
- The Packing Plant
- Julia Martin
- Duke’s – Hands down, best bar in Nashville. (Devin) low key during the day, loud after 8ish. Happy hour Monday-Friday, 3-8pm (3 dollar draft beer, 4 dollar well drinks) Federale (shot of tequila and a tecate) always $6. Dope deli as well.
- Five Daughters Bakery – 100 Layer Donuts, multiple locations, tasty breakfast biscuits too
- Wild Cow – 🍽 excellent vegetarian food
- Rosepepper Cantina – 🍽🍺 voted Best Margarita in Nashville for…ever
- Two Ten Jack – 🍽 ramen and such
- Mas Tacos – 🍽 get everything, but definitely get the Elote
- East Park Donuts & Coffee ☕
- East Nashville Beer Works – brewery & taproom with a dog-friendly beer garden
- Grimey’s -🎵 great record store in its beautiful new location – a Nashville institution
- Southern Grist Brewing – brewery & taproom
- Smith + Lentz Brewing – brewery & taproom
- Mickey’s Tavern – darts, foosball, chill back patio
- Honky Tonk Tuesday @ American Legion Post 82 –🎵 🍺 Dan Brown will be there! If you’re lucky.
- Dino’s – great outdoor seating, low key. Get fries and a Colt 45 (East Nashville’s oldest dive bar)
- Gift Horse – great shop with local art and goods, Brainfreeze Comics & Zines lives here, cool events
- Shoppes On Fatherland – bunch of local shops on Fatherland between 10th and 11th
- 5 Points Pizza – 🍽 their slice window is open super late
- Fran’s Eastside Tavern – 🍺 Karaoke Fri/Sat (smoking permitted inside)
- Shelby Bottoms Greenway – park, part of the Greenways trail system
- The Post East – 🍽 ☕ looking for gluten-free, vegan, organic? Great breakfast, smoothies, juice, etc.
- The 5 Spot – 🎵 🍺 venue and bar
- Drifters –🍺 happy hour, nachos, bbq
- The Basement East – 🎵 venue
- Nashville Biscuit House –🍽 greasy spoon, but great breakfast that is easy on your wallet, it’s an institution
- Edgefield – 🍺 for darts or pool (smoking inside FYI)
- I Dream of Weenie –🍽 great little hotdog stand
- Fanny’s House of Music – Nashville’s best music store. Women-owned, with bonus vintage apparel!
- The Groove – solid record store
- Bolton’s Spicy Chicken & Fish – 🍽 Nashville HOT chicken
- Pepperfire – 🍽 another spot to get HOT chicken
- Butcher & Bee – 🍽 sandwiches, cocktails and mezze (small plates meant to share) !!!
- Burger Up – 🍽 truffle fries
- dose. – ☕ 🍽 excellent coffee & breakfast, 2-4-1 mimosas & Bloody Mary’s Sat. + Sun.
- Mitchell Deli – 🍽 🍺 best sandwiches
- Village Pub – 🍽 🍺 next door to Mitchell, great beer, ½ price Mules on Monday, pretzels & beer cheese
- Inglewood Lounge – 🍺 great new bar with outside seating, v cozy.
- Sip Café – ☕ drive thru coffee and Mike’s Ice Cream
- El Fuego –🍽 fave Mexican restaurant. 4 dollars for a pint of margarita.
- The Belcourt –🍺 watch great movies while enjoying draft beer!
- Grilled Cheeserie – it’s in the name. (also, milkshakes)
- Brown’s Diner – 🍽 🍺 no frills, burgers, hushpuppies & pitchers
- Proper Bagel – 🍽 great bagels and deli style treats
- Sportsmans – 🍺 play some pool upstairs, but probably not during the school year
- The Villager – 🍺 if it’s your birthday they’ll give you a dog bowl (also smoking inside)
- Fido – ☕ coffee spot (or Bongo Java, or Hot & Cold, I think they are all owned by the same people)
- Santa’s Pub – 🍺 for karaoke. No swearing, Santa is serious about that.
- Biscuit Love – 🍽 describes itself
- Taco Mamacita – 🍽 technically in the Edgehill neighborhood, but it’s close.
- Exit/In – 🎵 great venue
- The End. – 🎵 another venue, specializing in rough-around-the-edges rock n’ roll
- Cumberland Transit – great outdoor outfitter store, locally owned, outfitting Nashville since 1971
- Hattie B’s – 🍽 HOT chicken
- Centennial Park – home of Nashville’s full scale replica of The Parthenon. Check calendar for events
- The Springwater – 🎵 🍺 dive bar, by the park
- Parnassus Books – Independent book store
- Ed’s Fish & Pizza – 🍽 great fish sandwich
- Fisk University Art Galleries – incredible permanent collection, as well as new works
- Rolf & Daughters – 🍽 rad restaurant, small plates, seasonal menu, can be a bit pricey but worth it.
- Vui’s Kitchen – 🍽 wonderful Vietnamese food, with original location in Berry Hill neighborhood
- Steadfast Coffee –☕ get anything with a poached egg on it. Also, coffee soda. (Germantown area)
- Green Fleet Bicycle Shop – super friendly, knowledgeable staff, 934 Jefferson St.
- Salemtown Board Co – handmade skateboards, extension of the Maple Built non-profit (awesome)
- Slim + Huskies – 🍽 hot pizza spot on the North Side (next to Salemtown, historic Buchanan neighborhood)
- Southern Thrift – where to find all the things you never even knew you wanted
- Fat Bottom Brewery – 🍺 great beer, 44th Ave N. new location! (used to be on the eastside)
- McKay’s – gigantic used music/movies/bookstore. Buy. Sell. Trade.
- Great Escape –used music/movies/comics, second location in Madison.
- AVO – 🍽 locally sourced raw & cooked vegan meals
- Bobby’s Dairy Dip – 🍽 burgers and ice cream treats
- Halcyon Bike Shop – awesome shop, big supporters of local artists too
- 12th South Taproom – 🍺 pretty excellent beer selection and menu
- Mafioza’s – 🍽 pizza joint
- Las Paletas – those popsicles
Also, these websites:
Nashvillescene.com – available in print! New issue in newsstands every Tuesday